Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ironman Party 2007

Was it a dream?

Not really...because I was there! Chris McCormack, the 2007 Ironman Champion was there to watching this years ironman on TV. I hope everyone got a chance to watch it too. It was a really neat race and NBC did a great job with the broadcast.

Brett, my co-worker, and I both carpooled to Westminster, CO to Bicycle Village. I have talked numerous times about this store because I bought my bike and ride with Bicycle Village group. We got there about 2pm and got an awesome seat!

I knew more people than I thought. Bold in Boulder (Greg), Chris Voeller, Gordon Haller (1st Ironman Champion), a few from Bicylce Village Aurora. Prizes were giving away and I won 5 free spin classes at Bicyle Village. We got a t-shirt and some cliff bars.

Chris McCormack spoke twice and answered many questions. Chris is an awesome guy and I listened to his interview from fellow blogger, Simply Stu. Chris loves the sport of triathlon and you can really tell. He had an autograph signing at the end and my picture shows it all. I feel blessed to be able to go to such a great event!

3 comments:

Brent Buckner said...

Thanks for reporting!

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like fun! And congrats on the prize.

T-Guy J said...

DUDE...that sounds awesome. Tell the truth though, you were just sizing Macca up for the competition.

T-Guy J