Monday, November 5, 2007

RMRR Trophy Series

Today was a great day for running. It started to warm up pretty early and reached in the 70's. The Rocky Mountain Road Runners had another Trophy Series race today. It was the 9 mile race held at Westminster's Big Dry Creek Trail. I have been to this trail many times now with the club.

This Trophy Series race is important to me because I want to place well in the group. I want to be at least in the top 10 overall and top 5 for the male division. I am very close and I have the top 5 men spot. I just have to hang on.

I did well overall. My predicted time was 59:45. I missed it by 2 minutes. I was pretty happy that I did well. I started off way too fast!!! My first mile was 5:49. I think I had the best mile time! I really need to working on pacing. I slowed it down after the first mile. The last 3 miles were pretty tough for me. I had no gas left and I was really waiting for the end. The last couple of miles were at 7:30 min miles.

Time: 1:01.43
Distance: 9 miles
Pace: 6:51/mile

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hi Eric! Congrats on a great race time. Hope it was good enough to retain your standing.

As for pacing, do you use anything besides a watch to monitor it while you're running? I've found that a Garmin works well. Others I know use a Nike+ system. Maybe add one to your Xmas list?

Iron Eric said...

I don't have a Garmin, but it sure would be nice to own one. I could really use it!! I think it might be on my xmas 2008 list. Those things are not cheap.