Monday, November 26, 2007

Food Poisoning

Just like you heard it. I ate a McDonald's Sausage Egg McMuffin for breakfast on Saturday morning. I picked up my friends Joe and Angela from the Airport and they wanted to buy me breakfast. McDonald's happened to be right there so we decided to go through the drive through. The Sausage Egg McMuffin tasted great. It was the only thing I had that morning and I started to feel sick shortly after. I took a nap around noon because I wasn't feeling great. When I woke up, I figured I would go running for 40 minutes.

This was a very hard run!! I was running 9-10 minute miles and was just feeling worse and worse. I stopped halfway point...bent to the ground...and...(yeah, not so pretty)

The run back was just about as bad. I wasn't feeling the greatest, but I think I have been worse?
I came home...that's all she wrote. I now was loosing to the battle of food poisoning. The run may have helped speed things up?? To say the least I was in the bathroom many times making extremely loud noises. Nicole was starting to get worried. She went to the store and got me some Sprite. Things might have got worse?

After finally feeling a little better that evening, my legs were cramping!! I have felt this pain before and its worse then a leg cramp after a race. Nicole helped by messaging my legs before bed. I woke up a few hours later because my legs hurt so much. I finally went back to sleep. I woke up the next morning and was feeling better. I had some Gatorade the night before which may have made a big difference. I had a pretty good day, but I decided to skip my 50 minute bike workout. I have nearly decided to take off on Sundays. Between football, spending time with Nicole, church, and more...I don't see to get my workouts done anyways.

5 comments:

Duane said...

Bummer! I have the flu and my day sounds like yours! Hope you get over it fast!

Brent Buckner said...

That sucked - glad no permanent issues.

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh no! I had the stomach flu not long ago and it was not pretty. At least these things pass pretty quickly compared to other illnesses.

Mike said...

Hope you recover quickly.

Thanks for the comment on my blog BUT I can't take the compliment of getting my workouts done in winter cos we are just going into our summer (New Zealand) ... 28 degrees at the weekend! :) wooohooooo!!!! summer's here. I originally come from the UK where it was touch anf go whether you actually got a summer each year :)

Great blog - like the change in style .... although I for one used enjoy your 'data' type approach.

Keep on blogging

Mike

Oly said...

food poisoning is the worst! Been there more than once and hope to never go there again.