Saturday, April 18, 2009

SLC Marathon Update

The Salt Lake City Marathon has come and gone. It amazes how much you train for a race. You train, train, train. Lots of sweat, lots of stories. The anticipation drives you crazy. You can't wait till race day.

Race day comes, you complete the course. Get lots of satisfaction, and the race is over. Lots of stories to tell. Then what? Train for another race is usually the next best thing.

My SLC Marathon experience has been a success. I accomplished my goals and I am now going to Boston in 2010. YEAH. The official time on was 2:58:14. I placed 22nd overall and 7th in my age division. Will I ever place in my age group?? May for a smaller race :)

More stories to come when I arrive back in Denver.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I feel like a superstar!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Yeah! Eric we're so P-R-O-U-D of you. Boston, Boston, Boston 2010.
Love,
Mr. & Mrs. B.
(Mom & Dad)

ShirleyPerly said...

CONGRATS Eric!! Wow, sub-3!!!

Bob Almighty said...

congrats dude!

KodaFit said...

Duuuude!! Awesome time!

Wished we could have come and seen you race.

All the best on Boston next year.

Brent Buckner said...

You set stretch goals, put in a ton of smart work, and made them all. Big congratulations!

All-Stars said...

There was never any doubt in my mind that you would succeed. I see how hard you train and how intense your desire is to be a better runner.
Congratulations on a well earned accomplishment. I love you.