Monday, September 17, 2007

Long Morning Run

Run
Time: 1:48:26
Distance: 12.6 miles
Pace: 8:36/mile

I woke up extremely early this morning so I could get my long run in. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but Nicole and I did some volunteer work with our church. Then football games were on, I took a nap, went to church. I was going to run late yesterday evening, but it was getting really late.

My run time was very surprising because I felt like I was running really slow. I brought a cheap crappy radio with me. I finally took it off because it wasn't worth the hassle. It kept cutting in and out. I really started to pick it up once a cyclist spooked me a little as he passed me on the sidewalk. I also started walking about mile 6.5. I ate a hammer gel and off I went. That really made a huge difference. I walked about .2 mile and did not count it part of my run. I stopped the watch too.

Bike
Trainer/Efficiency
Warm-up: 10 min
Main: These are with you shoes clipped in, and the idea is to focus on one leg at a time.
90sec right leg, 90sec left leg
45sec right, 45sec left, vice versa 2x
30sec left, 30 sec right increase cadence each 5sec to maximum
20sec right, 20sec left for 2 min
15sec right, 15sec left for 1 min
10sec right, 10 sec left for 40sec
5sec right, 5 sec left for 20 sec
3-4 x 1 min at max cadence, Rest 1 min
3-4 x 15sec at max cadence to spinout, Rest 45sec
Cool Down: 10 min

Time: 45:00
Odo: 1165.0 miles
Max: 35.0 mph
Avg: 15.8 mph
Distance: 11.87 miles

This was a pretty good workout. It was hard focusing on just one leg being clipped in with both legs. I can max out pretty easy on my trainer. I am starting to wonder about getting a Fluid instead of a Max+.

No comments: