Friday, August 1, 2008

Big Weekend Ahead

Lots of stuff going on this weekend!! I am not sure if I should be doing this much a week before my next half-ironman race. Oh well. Too late now. I am a tough cookie...I will make it. Here is what is in store for the weekend:

Friday
90 min bike ride - Done
5K RMRR Trophy Series Race/BBQ
Goal - 18:39 (2007 time was 18:46)

Saturday
5 1/2K Summer Spash Race (Open to all city of Aurora employees)
Goal - To Win!!!
Open water swimming
Goal - 30 min

Sunday
Climb Mt. Evans (On my bike) - 28 miles all uphill, 28 miles all downhill
Goal - not to trash my legs
- no crashing!!!! That means slow? No extreme sharp turns, be smart...etc.
- hill workouts

5 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, that is a lot! Good luck with it all, esp. winning the race!!

Mike said...

Good Luck with that hill climb! ... careful on the decent :)

KodaFit said...

Hope it went well for you...

On the bike ride I always prefer the up before the down... Few things are more demotivating than whizzing down a hill, knowing that you're going to have to head back up it once you hit the bottom!

iron-boyer said...

Good luck! Mt Evans sounds like something I would enjoy too.

KodaFit said...

In case you don't get another post in before the weekend...

All the best for the race! Looking forward to you race report...