Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just before a Bike Ride

I decided I was going to go for a long bike ride. I went 60 miles in a total time of 3hrs 20min. Not to shabby for being the longest ride of the year. I averaged 18.1 mph total. The first 30-45 miles I averaged 19.2 mph. The rest of the way was a little slower because it was more uphill and I was loosing steam. Always happens on that route.

It's so hard leaving when I have such a cute daughter at home. Ariel is so cute and is very forgiving. She told me to go have fun on my bike, but not to crash. Oh, and not be gone too long. One of these days I will take her with me.

3 comments:

KodaFit said...

My favorite training rides are on my old mountain bike, dragging a bike trailer behind with 2 of my monkeys inside. They're usually pretty chatty for the first half hours, and then they'll fall asleep and I can get a couple of solid hours in, and then they wake up and we head home!!

It's like having my own portable cheering section back there!

She is a cutie!!

Iron Eric said...

Can't wait till Ariel can ride with me!!

ShirleyPerly said...

I would think pulling a trailer would also be quite a bit of added resistance, like riding into a stiff headwind. Ariel could be helping make you stronger :-)