Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Drive to Tucson for Baseball

Friday morning I ran 22.8 miles in the morning. I woke up extremely early and was out the door before 6am. I was still asleep for the first 13 miles and picked up the pace towards the end. I went over my time by about 20min. I ran just over 3 hours. I took the day off at work because I had a feeling it would help my day.

Next stop that morning was the Dentist. Nicole and I both had an appointment so we drove together. We went to Arby's and had Fish Sandwiches afterwards. As we headed home we decided to stop at Target. We might have spent too long in the store?
Came home and took a nap. I was hoping to get a 1-3 hour nap, but only got 30min. Darn. My best friend Joe came and picked me up about 4:15pm. We left Denver just before 6pm. Where did we go???

Tucson, AZ for a Rockies Spring Training Baseball Game
Yes, we drove. The drive is about 13-14 hours and we drove all night. Each of us only got about 1-2 hours of sleep along the way. I held up pretty darn good considering I ran nearly 23 miles in the morning.

The trip was pretty neat. We had tons of fun and lots of wild stories.

My long run was originally scheduled for Saturday, so I changed it and ran Friday instead. I took Saturday off. We were very sleep deprived and didn't sleep until 10pm Saturday night.

I woke up about 5:15am to run in Tucson. Talk about a fantastic experience. I love running in other places. I enjoyed the mountains in the backdrop, cactus, birds, other misc plants, rabbits, and boar. BOAR. About a mile into my run I nearly ran into 6 wild boar. One was on the sidewalk headed towards me. I tell the story much better in person, but it was shocking to see the boar walking around like foxes or deer. I am glad none of them charged at me.

We drove back to Denver on Sunday morning about 8am. We passed through New Mexico and back to Colorado. What a trip. We needed more time and may fly next time. Road trip with the guys before baby's born. PERFECT Timing!!

Next stop is Salt Lake City in mid April.

3 comments:

The Stretch Doc said...

Dude How Fun!!!
and talk about working on your Sprints, with Boars!! haha!

Go Dodgers!!

rockon`

Andy said...

Sweet! My aunt and uncle lived in CO for years and have original baseballs and other signed memoribilia from the stadium after the Rockies first got there. Love the roadtrip part. I can definately relate, although I did not end up watching my favorite sports team. However, if you taped us, I could have sold that content to Comedy central for millions of dollars.

ShirleyPerly said...

Man, you're nuts! Then again, I'm not really into baseball ... Glad you got your runs in, though. That boar photo is funny.