Sunday, November 2, 2008

RMRR Trophy Series

Today was another RMRR Trophy Series Race. The race was held at Westminster City Park. I helped co-race direct today. What a great experience

Last Year:
Time: 1:01.43
Distance: 9 miles
Pace: 6:51/mile
Best mile: 5:49

This Year:
Time: 1:00:14
Distance: 9 miles (9.07 exact)
Pace: 6:39/mile
Best mile: 5:57

I was pretty happy with this year's run. A few things new, and a few things the same. Same: I missed my predict by about 1 min this year. I missed it by 2 min last year. Different: I kept a better pace this year. My first mile wasn't as crazy, but still fast. I had a few 7:30/miles last year, where this year I had one 7:13 and one 7:06.

I didn't hit the wall like last year. I had a gel at 30 min, which may have upset my stomach? I felt pretty crappy after the race. My stomach was doing numbers and I wasn't feel good. I hope it didn't show too much.

I feel like I trained better this year. My quest for 1,000 miles is getting closer every day. I am at the 775 miles mark. I can't wait till I am really close!

Check out our family blog to see some Halloween pictures

2 comments:

Mike said...

Great run! :) Will check out your halloween pics. Keep up the good work to that 1000 miles :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast you run. Congrats on a great race!