Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lots of running.  I nearly put in 80 miles last week.  This week has been a recovery week for me.  Recovery week is set at around 65 miles.  Wow.  I can remember when that was my max for marathon training.  This recovery week doesn't feel like a recovery week.

Sore all over.  It seems that another body part seems to ache each month.  First it's my hips, then my knee, then my back, then the bottom of my foot.  Now it's my calf muscle.  My back seems to be doing better after I quit playing the Wii Fit??

I've been meaning to post more on my blog, but life has been pretty darn busy.  I have written down some possible races for 2010 that I will be entering:

2/27 Snowman Stampede 5M/10M or Greenland 50K in May
3/14 - Boulder Spring Half Marathon
4/19 - Boston Marathon
9/19 - Boulder Half Marathon
9/25 - 24 hours of Triathlon event??  Maybe the 8 hours solo??
10/17 - Denver Marathon??

Lots of decisions to make.  Lots of thanks to Brooks and GU for helping me through my journey to Boston and beyond.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, that is a LOT of miles! I once ran 50-60MPW training for the Disney Goofy Challenge and that was about all I could handle. Hope your body gets a chance to rest and mend this week!

Andy said...

Good to hear from you again! Keep it up! It seems you are kicking the pavement's butt! Let me tell you from personal experience, that Wii will be the death of you. Looks like you have a very run intensive schedule this year. Something you just want to focus on, or just take a break from triathlon? Talk to you soon!